As we navigate the world of parenthood and childcare, there is one truth that we can’t deny… sometimes it takes a village to raise a family. Welcome to the CHATTERBOX, a place to connect with parents and caregivers like yourself who are searching for the answers to their most pressing questions. Experience often speaks best, so find a compadre and ask away!
Are you on a mission to find out all you can to prepare yourself mentally for your labor and delivery? How about first-hand reviews of hospitals and clinics in your area? Or the best bottles and strollers?
Check out the forums below to chat, laugh, and research all you need… JUST REMEMBER – Keep these forums CLEAN, POSITIVE, INFORMATIVE, and FUN. Any messages posted that are considered to be in poor taste, overly critical of other members, or offensive will be removed.
How are you getting your R&R on? During these ever-changing times, it's difficult to ask people to truly "relax", but what are some things you're doing to stay calm and keep level headed despite the constant barrage of Covid-19 news and updates?
Somethings we're doing...
-Disconnecting from news outlets and limiting our check-in's to twice a day
- Looking at the bigger picture, and being realistic about what we personally are able to control. Ultimately, you can only control what YOU do. So follow protocols and be kind to yourself.
- Taking time for ourselves each day by either reading, dancing, napping, getting a massage from your partner or child (put those munchkins to work haha)
- Friend/Family Therapy: having a friend/family check-in with NO Judgement. say everything your feeling and know that no one will hold it against you.
- Paint, draw, or photograph
- Keep a journal (looking back it'll be interesting to see how you felt in the moment, and when you get things out on paper it helps put things into perspective.)